The Stewart Blusson Quantum Matter Institute at The University of British Columbia (UBC) is one of the world’s leading quantum science and technology research centres.
Our collaborative, interdisciplinary team of researchers work to develop new quantum materials by design, as well as measurement techniques and specialized equipment to study quantum materials, weaving experimental and theoretical research together to understand their properties and potential.
Learn about our research
Are you interested in our research? Discover what we’re working on, learn about our partnership with the Max Planck Society and the University of Tokyo, and meet the Principal Investigators at the Stewart Blusson Quantum Matter Institute. Wondering what big questions we’re solving at UBC? Check out our three Grand Challenges:
- Engineering exotic phases in two-dimensional (2D) materials
- Atomistic approach to emergent properties of disordered materials
- Pushing the boundaries of Noisy Intermediate Scale Quantum (NISQ) computing by Focusing on Quantum Materials
Study with us
- Undergraduate students: learn about the Quantum Pathways program
- Graduate students: learn about the QuEST program
- Study with us at the Max Planck Institute for Solid State Research in Stuttgart, Germany via our International PhD in Quantum Materials program
Keep up to date
- Find out about the latest news out of the Institute
- Read our annual reports
- Fill out the form below to subscribe to our mailing list