Applications for the QuEST scholarship now being accepted. The deadline for the QuEST scholarship is January 31st, 2020.
Please note that to receive a QuEST Award applicants must be accepted by their chosen department of study. Department application deadlines may vary and may be earlier than this date. Please check your chosen department's website for further information on their application requirements and deadlines.
Students who are pursuing, or planning to pursue, a graduate degree with an SBQMI-affiliated supervisor or co-supervisor.
The new cohort of QuEST application intake is open to:
- Current or incoming students (students must be enrolled in a graduate program at UBC in September 2019)
- Canadian or international students
- Masters or PhD level students
Prospective students should first visit the faculty profiles on the SBQMI website to search for potential supervisors and contact them to discuss possible projects. Once mutual interest has been established, the QuEST application must be completed. Please note that prospective students must also apply, and be accepted for admission, to UBC by their home department. Since admissions deadlines at various departments might differ please check your chosen department's website for further information on their application requirements and deadlines.
Current students who are interested in applying for QuEST should meet with their supervisor(s) to discuss how their research project fits the objective(s) of SBQMI.
All students applying for competitive QuEST graduate fellowship will need to submit the following to email@example.com by January 31, 2020:
- QuEST application form
- Curriculum Vitae
Current students must also submit:
- An unofficial transcript of their current degree
- A letter (or email) of recommendation from their current supervisor
- Reference letters and transcripts will be obtained from applicants' UBC graduate application.
- In addition to undergraduate or graduate marks, previous research experience, recommendation letters, and the research proposal will all be taken into consideration.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM
Please note: Chrome, Firefox or Adobe Acrobat recommended for completing the form. If you experience issues completing or submitting the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org