- This event has passed.
Careers in Academia
October 19, 2021 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Dr. Andrew (Drew) Potter
- Ph.D. in Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- B.Sc. in Engineering Physics, Brown University
Research Interest: basic research problems in quantum materials, atomic-molecular and optical systems, quantum information science, and quantum computing.
Apart from academia, Drew worked in industry quantum computing R&D at Honeywell.
Dr. Ludmila Szulakowska
- PhD. in Condensed Matter and Materials Physics, University of Ottawa
- M.Sc. in Engineering Physics/Applied Physics, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology
Research interest: Quantum theory of 2D nanocrystals, such as graphene and TMDCs, Many-body condensed matter physics, photonics, computational materials science, designing of quantum devices and machine learning methods for physics.
Dr. Alberto Nocera
- MSc. in Physics, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II
- PhD. in Physics, Università degli Studi di Roma, Tre
Research interest: theoretical models of quantum materials when their many degrees of freedom are strongly interacting using computational techniques such as exact diagonalization, and matrix product states. Current areas of research are quantum magnetism in low dimensions and high critical-temperature superconductors.